Live Class Every Sunday: 2:30 – 4:00 PM [Toronto Time] remarkable-clocks.flywheelstaging.com/live
In this course, Yusuf Weltch covers the legal rulings related to worship according to the Hanafi school. This course serves to provide a proper understanding of Islamic jurisprudence (fiqh) of worship.
In this course, Yusuf Weltch covers the chapters on Worships, relying on the great classical commentaries—including Maydani’s Lubab—and major reference works of the Hanafi School.
Topics covered include ablution (Wudu), the ritual bath (Ghusl), Prayer, Fasting, Zakat, Hajj and other related issues.
This is a level two course and is ideal for students seeking to make sound the performance of their worships. A previous study is recommended but not required.
The diligent student will take from this class the knowledge required to make their worship sound and correct, guidance on difficult issues, and how to beautify one’s relationship with Allah Most High.
- This is a level two course
- Before taking this course, take The Absolute Essentials of Islam (Hanafi) and On Worship (Purification, Prayer, Fasting, Zakat, and Hajj): Shurunbulali’s Ascent to Felicity
- Take this course before all courses in Level Three
Lesson 1: Introduction
Lesson 2: Ablution (wudu) & The Ritual Bath (ghusl)
Lesson 3: Water, Wells, & Tanning
Lesson 4: Dry-Ablution (tayammum)
Lesson 5: Wiping over Footwear (khuffs) & Bandages (jaba’ir)
Lesson 6: Menstruation (hayd) & Lochia (nifas)
Lesson 7: Filth/Impurities & Conclusion
Lesson 8: Times, Adhan, & Introduction to Prayer
Lesson 9: Prayer Contd.
Lesson 10: Actions Invalidating the Prayer & Make-Ups
Lesson 11: Disliked Prayer Times & Supererogatory Prayers
Lesson 12:The Forgetfulness Prostration & Prayer of the Sick
Lesson 13: Prostration of Recital & The Travelers Prayer
Lesson 14: Friday & Eid Prayer
Lesson 15: Other Prayers
Lesson 16: The Funeral Prayer
Lesson 17: Introduction
Lesson 18: Zakat on Goods & Money
Lesson 19: Zakat al-Fitr
Lesson 20: Introduction to Fasting
Lesson 21: Valid & Invalid Fasts
Lesson 22: Introduction
Lesson 23: Description of the Hajj
Lesson 24: Qiran, Tamatu`, & Hajj Contraventions
What You Will Learn
- The core rulings related to purification, prayers, fasting, zakat and hajj;
- The wisdom and purpose of these legal rulings;
- The practical implementation, with excellence, of Divine Guidance;
- How legal reasoning works, to give a better understanding of “how Fiqh works;” and
- The method of the Hanafi School.
Course Format: Weekly Live Session
About the Course Text
Imam Quduri’s full primer (matn) in Islamic law is so famous, that it is simply referred to as “The Book” (al-Kitab). For 1,000 years, it has served as the starting point for a full study of the science of Fiqh.