This third course in level one of Seekers Online Arabic learning series focuses on specific topics for everyday conversation. This course covers more essential vocabulary, expressions, and parts of Arabic culture that provide necessary knowledge in order to converse with native speakers. The student will emerge from this class better acquainted with an important working knowledge of the language of Modern Standard Arabic.
Four topics are covered in this Step Two course: Modes of Transportation, Occupations, Methods of Communication, and Family. The student will learn vocabulary and dialogue particular to these topics, as well as practice writing, reading, and listening to a particular letter with each lesson, using it with short vowels, long vowels, and learning words that contain that letter. At the end of the chapter, new sentences will be introduced to facilitate memorization and fluency of speech, with an element of dictation. Numbers will be reviewed, and more interrogative particles and directions will be introduced.
One must learn the vocabulary, questions, and expressions given in these lessons because they are essential for daily use. The focus on the letters is also important, in order to enhance recognition of them using the four skills. The writing practice is essential to develop one’s own handwriting and all of these steps together will lead one faster towards fluency and language comprehension.
- This is the third and last course of level one in Learning Arabic.
- Take this after finishing Arabic 102.
What You Will Learn:
- Give and take directions, number items, name family members, speak about your work, and transportation.
- Write a letter, make a basic phone call, speak about relatives, speak about your holiday.
- Recognize the places in a city, numbers, and find an address
- Have a basic conversation with someone who speaks slowly and clearly.
- You will be able to correctly formulate compound sentences and simple questions, and answers.
About the Course Text
This online interactive textbook, the first book (Al-Kitab al-Tamhidi) from the Silsilat al-Lissan series is a famous textbook used all over the world in universities for learning Arabic as a foreign language. Its primary focus is developing speaking skills and is known for helping a student speak at a faster pace than the usual Arabic grammar textbook. Its vivid colors, audio clips, and relevant topics to the modern world make it the most useful and practical text for online learning and teaching of Arabic today.